Petitions for Restraining Orders may be obtained at the Justice Building.
Hearings are held daily at 11:00 A.M. and 3 P.M.
Your paperwork must be completed and filed with the court at least 45 minutes before the next hearing time.
Eligibility criteria and Restraining Order forms may be viewed by clicking on any of the listings below (To return to this page select Back from your browser screen)
- Elder Abuse Prevention Act – Instructions and Forms
- Elder Abuse Prevention Act – Affidavit of Proof of Service
- Family Abuse Prevention Act – Instructions and Forms
Instructions and Forms
Pursuant to ORS 36.400 (3) and SLR 13.005, all civil matters involving less than $50,000 shall be referred to mandatory arbitration. This also applies to dissolution of marriage cases where the value of the marital property is less than $50,000
- If the claim or counter claim is $10,000 or less each party pays $150.
Total fee of $300 paid directly to the Arbitrator
- If the claim or counter claim is over $10,000 but under $50,000 each party pays $250. Total fee of $500 paid directly to the Arbitrator
To view Arbitration fees click here – Arbitration Fees
To return to this page select Back from your browser screen
To qualify as an arbitrator, one must be a member of the Oregon State Bar, who has been admitted to any Bar for a minimum of five years, or a retired or senior judge.
Parties may make a written request to participate in mediation or a settlement conference in lieu of mandatory arbitration.
Click above to view Court filing fees. (To return to this page select Back from your browser screen)
Click above to learn about the Prose Program.
Click below to view packets and forms
(To return to this page select Back from your browser screen)
- Dissolution Packet 1
- Dissolution Packet 2
- Dissolution Packet 3
- Dissolution Packet 4
- Dissolution Packet 5
- Dissolution Packet 6
- Parenting Plan
- Waiver of the 90 Day Waiting Period
- Request for Alternative Service
If you experience any difficulty viewing the forms listed above they are available at the Deschutes County Courthouse.